Monday, November 19, 2012

Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window they are trimming the trees for winter. The sky is gray and most leaves are gone. The weather warmed up over the weekend and we enjoyed being outside without the heaviest coats. We spent most of Anna's birthday outside!

I am thinking about procrastination. But that'll have to wait until later. :-)

I am thankful for Thanksgiving plans and friends near and far. I'm thankful for our lovely apartment that now looks lived in. It is amazing what a few pictures, organized books, and real chairs at the dining room table can do. We took the folding chairs outdoors on Saturday. Yay!

In the kitchen, I made a cake for Anna's birthday. It wasn't elaborate, but I've learned that elaborate cakes and parties are for the parents, not the kids, and that simpler is often easier, cheaper, and no less thrilling to the kids.

I am wearing jeans and a t-shirt. What's new? But tonight I get to change into a leotard and tights because I'm in a beginning ballet class at the University! The students offer it free to community members. I've been going for a little over a month now and I feel like I'm wearing concrete blocks on my legs for a few days after the class.

I am creating a new Drawing with Children lesson. The kids were asking me for one over the weekend.

I am going to Dan's relatives for Thanksgiving.

I am reading German books to myself, Winnie the Pooh at night to the kids, and The Odyssey adaptation by Geraldine McCaughrean during the day.

I am hoping to do watercolors with the kids. I have the paints and the paper and the plan. Everything is sitting on my desk. We were supposed to make watercolor lanterns for the German group's St. Martin parade last week. It didn't happen. I'd still like to watercolor, though. I've got everything sitting on my desk to make me remember what we should be doing every time I sit down. We made a frog lantern instead.

That's all the time for today! Best wishes for a lovely week.

No comments:

Post a Comment