Thursday, September 29, 2011

Loving all the learning

We had finished math and spelling, the intensive parts of our day, and it was time to move onto narration. During narration, I read a passage aloud to J from Aesop's Fables and he tells me back, in his own words, what has happened.

There was only one problem: I couldn't find John. He wasn't in his block hideout or out in the (miniscule) yard. I found him on M's toddler bed, reading a book about animals in National Parks.

"J, time to shut the book! Narration time!"

"OK Mommy. Do you know about the rattlesnake? It has button-like shakers in the back that it moves around if it knows a person is close by. The sound scares people away." He went told me detail after detail about rattlesnakes. Couldn't we just move onto narration time?

Whoops! I almost missed out on one of the most enthusiastic narrations of the day because I was so excited about doing a "real" narration.

No comments:

Post a Comment