Monday, December 6, 2010

Introduction

Hi! My name is Emily Grace and I am a bookaholic.

I read everywhere and everything. I read more books in a month than most people read in a year.

My husband reads, too. He reads more non-fiction than me, and mostly work related, but his work (research) is his hobby and he clearly loves it and is somewhat amazed that he is being paid to do something he loves so much.

I used to be a skeptic of unschooling. I still am somewhat of a skeptic. Yet, in our learning-loving household, I am constantly amazed at how much learning gets done without initiation on my part. I hope to muse about the balance of student-led learning and parent-directed learning as it plays out in our household.

I don't want to be a perfectionist about this blog, but to post short posts that will help our families understand homeschooling and remind me of some of the things we've accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment