Monday, September 3, 2012

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
The big kids have been drying apples with Granddad. The sun is shining and clear. There is, unfortunately, no wind, something John has been wishing for since he built a kite with Granddad.

I am thinking...
About oppression.

I am thankful...
For my parents' hospitality, for our two years in California, for our upcoming trip, for a new move because of a good job.

In the kitchen...
Molly and I made two French Apple Cakes for her birthday then gussied up Sunday's black bean and apple salad for lunch.

I am wearing...
Jeans, a black tank, and a red and white polka dotted cross-over shirt, handed down from my aunt. No shoes have been needed today so far.

I am creating...
Plans for our car trip and plans for settling into Chicago.

I am going...
Nowhere. There is enough going that has to happen too soon.

I am wondering...
How will we ever settle in? Will we settle down?

I am reading...
Matthew 6.

I am hoping...
For closure in California.

I am looking forward to...
Four bedrooms!

I am learning
To not be anxious about anything.

Around the house...
There are mounds of laundry to be washed and boxes of things to somehow fit into our minivan. Thankfully, my mom has been doing all the meal planning and cooking.

I am pondering...
What wonderful parents I was blessed with.

A favorite quote for today...
"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment." :-)

One of my favorite things...
Eating meals outside in the shade.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Moving 2000 miles via the Grand Canyon and New Mexico!

A peek into my day...
I slept in, thanks to Mom watching the baby. Before breakfast, the kids put on a performance for me and Dan. The days at my parents' house are quiet and easy compared to the last few weeks as I've prepared for the move. I'm glad for the rest before business takes over again.

From http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment