Monday, September 24, 2012

Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window it is turning into fall, but the sky is still blue. A car is parked in front of the fire hydrant, which seems to be treated more as a loading zone than a no-park zone. There are a multitude of trees. I've been noticing them since we moved and am amazed by the variety around.

I am thinking about organizing, cleaning, community, church.

I am thankful for our apartment building and the ease of this move. I am thankful for four bedrooms and the extra rest the kids seem to be getting since we have more space.

In the kitchen boxes are still waiting to be unpacked. I'm hoping a good meal will come out of our lovely new kitchen soon, but I'm not holding my breath! We may have baked chicken and rice tonight with broccoli, but there certainly won't be anything fancy.

I am wearing skinny jeans and layered t-shirts. They turned the building radiators on over the weekend and it is plenty hot in here. I'll need at least a sweater if I go out, but short sleeves suffice inside.

I am creating living spaces from boxed up spaces.

I am going shopping, once I make a menu for the week!

I am reading "The Organized Homeschooler." How do I keep good track of papers?

I am hoping to get all the boxes out of the living room, dining room, and kitchen by the end of the week.

I am looking forward to visiting Millennium Park tomorrow, when the weather is supposed to be pretty warm.

I am learning to get around Chicago like a native. :-)

Around the house we're implementing a much-needed daily routine.

One of my favorite things is neighbors who want to be neighborly.

A few plans for the rest of the week: shopping for a printer, soccer practice, a ballet class, and at least one museum

A peek into my day...
(from http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/)

No comments:

Post a Comment