Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31 Days of Getting Those Projects Done


The box labeled "Quilt Pieces."

The almost-but-not quite done Piyo Schedule.

The broken toilet paper roll holder in my bath room.

The quarter bushel of peaches on my kitchen counter.

The book, Braving the Elements, sitting half-read, next to my bed, where it has been for three months.

There are a lot of projects that just need one more push to become former projects, sources of encouragement instead of guilt.

This is the month! Why put it off any longer! 

I'm going to be tackling projects head on, defining what is important, ranking tasks based on time and energy required, and then fitting them into my day. 

My tasks fall into a few categories: crafts, books, home improvement, self-improvement, and life-improvement. These aren't new tasks, but ones that I've been working on and that are dying. They are ones that need no (or almost no) purchases, but just that last kick of time to get them done.

While I'd love to have a day to devote to those-things-that-drive-me-batty, I don't have it. I have bits here and there. Those moments I usually - I mean, used to - check Facebook during, could be used for finishing The Mother's Rule of Life. The evening forum hop - cutting, piecing, and sewing the tree skirt quilt (I've made the squares, just need to bind and quilt!). Not sure where to fit in Piyo, but even that I was doing consistently until I overdid it and hurt my knees.

My focus this month is daily, consistent, work on irritating projects. I want to do a good-enough job to finish and move on!




3 comments:

  1. Love! This is my topic, too! Can't wait until the end of the month when we can celebrate all of the things we got finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic! This month, I'm trying to do a few of the things that are perpetually on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the queen of starting something and not finishing. What a great ambition for the month.

    ReplyDelete