Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 7: Sashing the quilt

I made progress today on my quilt! It will most likely be a 4x4 quilt (unless my 6-year-old successfully convinces me to make it 6x4...) and I'm about 75% of the way through sashing.

I've been working on saying "yes" to my kids unless I must say "no", so when my daughters asked to help me today I let them. Anna learned to iron (she pressed a few seams on the sashing) and Molly helped arrange the blocks.

I chose a good stopping point. I know exactly what to do next so there is no mental block.

Unfortunately, reading about how to sash and sew a border for the quilt is leading me to a bunch of wonderful quilting blogs with shiny, new patterns. No new projects this month!

The fireplace is repaired and we're planning our first fire for this week!

I exercised. I found some good online pilates videos for free and am enjoying the variety.

Otherwise, this was a good day for playing in the leaves with my toddler and taking a nap. The weather change is hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment